Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing 36: Generators Of Stuff

So that was where the templates for the READ posters came from! Very cool; too bad the link doesn't work any more.

At first I couldn't figure out why anybody would want to convert a file to PDF, but then I realized that maybe you don't have to use .html and its ilk -- you can just throw up whatever you have and that's it. Now there's a concept that bears remembering, if one ever needs to create webpages. There must be some drawback, or all webpages would be .pdf . . .

Password generator, huh. If I wanted random letter/number passwords, I could make them up myself. Otoh, this mainly exists to sell password creation/protection/management software.

Create your own Animation


CITATION GENERATORS! THAT IS FREAKING GENIUS. Best way ever to get students to cite their darned sources.


The braille generator is interesting, but it won't be useful until you can get it to raise the dots in the printer . . .


I make my own lolcats, but I suppose the generator is much easier if you don't have a useful photo editor.

1 comment:

Carolnb said...

try converting photos from pdf format to jpeg so you can get them printed professionally--ARGH!