Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Once more into the Thing 5 breach.

My Presentation

Let me show you it.

I used splashr to link to a presentation of my Flickr photos. I wanted to embed it using an iframe, because that would have put the pictures on the blog rather than a link, but it didn't like to be resized. It seems to need its 1,000 by 700 pixels and nothing else. It cut off one side only when resized to 500x350, also cutting off the "forward" and "backward" icons from sight. It still scrolls the pictures using the mouse wheel, but I thought that was too opaque.

Jim gave me a new camera for my birthday, and I was really happy with some photos I took at the Como Conservatory over the weekend. I wanted to make a cube or other fancy slide show with them, but the old version of Breeze Browser won't convert my new version of RAW files (CR2), and Elements 6 is so slow it's not worth it, so it will have to wait.

Although it's been around a long time, I never had a deep need for the Microsoft RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer. Now? I feel like I do. It doesn't convert either, of course, but you can view RAW files in the Windows shell without accessing another program first, so I think I'll start by downloading that.

Frankly, I'm seriously considering blowing the cash on the Real Photoshop at this point. But given time I'd need to learn how to do everything in the new software, I shudder. At least I can take classes in Photoshop at the Science Museum, for a mere $159 each.

No comments: