Saturday, March 22, 2008

Thing 3

I logged into Google and created Google Reader, then subscribed to HCL's RSS feed with two clicks. For Library of Congress, I had to do it the roundabout way by adding the url manually. I found them by googling 'library rss feeds.'

I made sure to add Therese's and Bernice's blogs to my rss feed, because I know they're at about the same place I am, and a lot of people in RCL are much farther along.

An aggregator is the only easy way to keep track of what's going on in the library world -- chasing blogs all over the net would be pretty inconvenient.

2 comments:

Captain Crone said...

I completely agree. Unless you want another full-time job surfing from blog to news to blog to news, a reader is the way to go. It allows one to skim quickly through a lot of source material and pick out the interesting bits.

Karen said...

I saw this comment for the first time right now. Obviously, something is wrong with my settings that I'm not being notified . . . *scratches head*

I'm also trying to figure out if I know any writers in St. Paul who are also librarians doing the 23 things, because how else would you stumble over this otherwise? But I could only come up with one man. :)