Thursday, March 12, 2009

25.3

I already put up a couple slideshows. I have an account at Smugmug for my photos that took me an aggregate of about 15 hours, at various times, to find out how to do what I paid $149 FOR: have my photos printed by a lab using machines calibrated properly to Adobe RGB, with no changes or 'enhancements.'

The fact that it took me that long including help from The Love Bunny, and I only managed to resolve the question with email to the site owners, tells me they did a v. poor job with that bit.

I read the article on putting up polls, but didn't think putting one up just for Carol was worth the effort. Sorry, hon. :) I've read about a poll assigned by a teacher where the subject matter (have people choose their favorite color) was completely at odds with the data being sought (find the mode, median, and mean of the answers). People who responded pointed out that the mean was undoubtedly going to be some shade of brown, no matter what the answers were, and how do you find the mode of 4 pink, 6 blue and 25 yellow?

That did serve to highlight Darren Rowse's suggestion that the offered answers must be given careful thought.

2 comments:

Carolnb said...

No poll, for me? I'm so disappointed.

Karen said...

I know, I feel v. bad about that!