Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thing 25 Part deux

The videos on widgets are really interesting -- has more useful-application type things than I suspected. I really like the reading window that opens inside one's blog. Disqus sounds interesting. I did put up a sitemeter statistics gatherer so I can keep track of Carol, the person who reads my blog. :)

I wasn't interested in the photo manipulation because yeah, Photoshop Elements, but at the Science Museum class on digital cameras I learned two v. kewl things I never knew how to do! I knew you could put a head on somebody else's body by using the selection tools and layers, but I never knew you could clone a head in three seconds or less simply by selecting any target spot and waving the mouse around in a circle elsewhere until the entire object appears. Also, I never thought about writing on (or drawing on) a photo with the brush tool.

I can now put Santa hats on top of anyone's new and different head. :D

Also, I think that teaching the bare essentials of digital camera is possible for the library, but it may need two 1.5 hour sessions. Because even if you can use your camera, you still need to be able to do something with the pictures.

2 comments:

Carolnb said...

Keeping track of me, are you? Oh my.

Karen said...

internet use as originating somewhere in the Twin Cities area!!!

Actually, I'm not sure if the thing tracks IP addys or not. One might have to pay for that.