Friday, May 8, 2009

Okay, enough about Twitter.

I got an account. I'm following the Hibbing Library and Jeffrey Donovan, who is a cute spy hero in a show with the always-entertaining Bruce Campbell. Most likely I will never look at it again, like my RSS feeds. Most of the people I know who use Twitter use it to follow celebrities. I read an article in the newspaper where some college prof is requiring students to use for class, and I was like, Whut? But Angie and I deduced it's because kids are busy texting; they don't need Twitter for anything.

I can see where it's different if I want to promote myself, my job, something I try to interest people in so they give me money. Fine. Although I'm not sure the info Tweeted by the Hibbing Library is going to raise huge amounts of interest. OTOH, if I'm looking at Twitter for my own interest rather than my own promotion . . . I get enough of being marketed at in every possible way. I don't need to JOIN SOMETHING ONLINE just so I can be marketed at some more.

Also? I hate it when people post compilations of their daily Tweets to their journals. If I wante to see what you're Twittering, I'd follow you on Twitter. :P

No comments: