Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thing 31

The link to Mashable's article 9 ways Twitter can help you in the real world is broken. Ironies!

I browsed the list of 100 authors on Twitter. I could see following some of those people. :) There's a news flash for me -- Mashable actually has interesting articles. "How to use Twitter for social bookmarking" wasn't one of them. Bookmarklet posts URLs to Twitter and concurrently saves them to browser favorites. How to save bookmarks and annoy people at the same time!

I was talking to The Love Bunny the other day about how most of the Hibbing library tweets had nothing to do with the library, and said that the only thing people really want to know is when new books come in. (Okay, what they really want is book reviews of new books, but we're short on staff.) I notice that the Tame The Web guy has automated tweets set up for when new books get checked out. I wonder if new book accession could become automated tweets. That would be a lot of tweets . . . but then again, he's allowing people to tweet catalog records.

Of course, that will only bore their followers, not the library's.

No comments: