Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thing 30

RSS & social bookmarking are two of the best things to happen on the Web.

Wow. There's a statement.

RSS feed filters, lol! Because even chosen feeds deliver Too Much Stuff. It's about time they developed feed forwards to email. Since my chosen email isn't the same brand as my RSS feed reader, I never see the feeds. I suppose a Personalized Home Page would solve that problem, but I don't consider it a problem. :)

RSSCalendar.com: handy for people who don't have a pda.

And, of course: don't just HAVE feeds, publish them for everyone to be edified.

RSS Awareness Day: whose genius legislation was that?

"Search Delicious from your browser address bar" makes no sense to me. It's easier just to do the same things on the Delicious page. Although -- something actually useful! I don't have an account, but I could see subscribing to tags. I do find it handy when people have their Delicious link on their blogs.

1. Slacker Manager needs a Slacker Editor, or possibly a copy of Turabian. Stop egregious misuse of apostrophes. It's its!

2. I looked through the Absolutely Delicious Tools Collection, and thought the Firefox extension would be useful if I ever decide I need a Delicious account, and that Bookmarks Insuggest would be great if I wanted to quit my job so I could spend all my time on the internet.

3. And -- oooh, shiny! Fresh Del.icio.us - A client-side application to keep clean (check broken urls) of your del.icio.us account bookmarks. Broken links, the bane of the casual Delicious user.

No comments: